Libraries NI would like to place cookies on your computer to help make this website
better. To find out more about the cookies,
* The Catalogue is a Third Party website
Please can you note the following:
1. Email notifications continue to be an effective form of communication
with customers. Libraries NI will continue to send the following email
a. First email - before the return date
b. Second email - 14 days after the date of return
c. Third email - 28 days after the date of return
d. Final email - 70 days after the date of return.
2. For all new customers, email is now the default choice for overdue
notifications. If you do not have an email address staff can help you to create
an email account.
3. SMS will be offered as an alternative form of communication. To reduce
the costs of this service, only two SMS notifications will be sent. A
notification will be sent as a pre-alert two days before the item becomes
overdue and, if required, a second message will be sent 28 days after the
4. Borrowers aged 16 – 17 and 18 – 59 who incur overdue charges and who are
registered for postal notification will only receive one postal overdue at 28
days after the due date.
5. All other categories of borrower who have registered for postal
notification should receive one overdue notice at 42 days after the due date.
We are encouraging existing customers to change to email as this is an
efficient, cost effective form of communication for Libraries NI. Email helps
customers by letting them know about overdue books in advance and provides the
most frequent reminders. By accessing the Libraries NI website customers can
then renew their books before the overdue date.
Make your life easier
and support Libraries NI by changing to email. Ask staff members in your local