Libraries NI will place a small number of cookies on your computer to help make this website better. These cookies will not store personal information. To find out more about the cookies,
to see our Privacy Statement.
* The Catalogue is a Third Party website
Click here for a list of ourStatutory Public HolidaysRemember that you have access to our free digital services 7 days a week even on holidays. Find out more.
All branch libraries, with the exception of Lurgan and Portstewart, have now reopened and resumed normal opening hours. Customers are able to access a range of services including book browsing and borrowing, free Wi-Fi, computer use for up to 60 minutes at a time, low cost printing and copying facilities. These branch services are supported by online digital training and immediate and free access digitally to over 17,000 eBooks and audiobooks, 160 eMagazines and 3,000 eNewspapers.
In addition to these services, branch libraries are currently operating a Book and Collect service. The Book and Collect service enables customers to phone their local library to request a selection of books and arrange a contactless collection. For more information click the button below.
Recruitment Activity Temporarily Restricted Due To Coronavirus (COVID 19) Pandemic
Applicants please note the following important information about on-going recruitment activity.
• All recently advertised Libraries NI jobs have now closed for application as per the advertised closing date.
• Recruitment processes currently at shortlisting and interview stages will be subject to delay. If you have recently submitted an application please be assured that this will remain on file and we will be in touch with you as soon as it is possible to progress the recruitment process.
• Due to social distancing measures and the likely unavailability of applicants and panel members, all previously scheduled interviews have now been postponed. These will be rescheduled as soon as it possible to do so. If affected, we will be in touch directly to confirm this.
• No new jobs will be advertised at this time although this will be kept under continuous review.
• If you have not already done so, please create a user and register for job alerts. You will then be notified as soon as any new jobs meeting your criteria are posted.
• Please refer to the FAQs for Recruitment and Selection for further information.
We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause. Thank you for your patience and understanding at this time.
The Finance team at Libraries NI continue to work hard to pay you as quickly as possible as we all get used to “the new normal”.
Finance staff are working on a rota basis both at home and in the office, and we ask that where possible you email your invoices to Finance@librariesni.org.uk.
Suppliers who choose to be paid by cheque will experience delays as cheque signatories will not always be available. To minimise delays in payment, please email Finance@librariesni.org.uk to make arrangements for electronic payment.
If you require and qualify for relief under the provisions of Procurement Guidance Note PGN 01/20 “Supplier Relief Due to COVID-19”, please contact Susheel.Bhandari@librariesni.org.uk at the earliest opportunity.
If you have any queries relating to payment, please contact us at Finance@librariesni.org.uk.