Libraries NI will place a small number of cookies on your computer to help make this website better. These cookies will not store personal information. To find out more about the cookies,
to see our Privacy Statement.
* The Catalogue is a Third Party website
Click here for a list of ourStatutory Public HolidaysRemember that you have access to our free digital services 7 days a week even on holidays. Find out more.
Following an upgrade to the Libraries NI catalogue the log-in page may look a little different but please log-in as normal.
In light of the Northern Ireland Executive’s recent announcement, libraries will remain open to provide access to IT, Wi-Fi and printing facilities. Customers can return books and continue to use the Book and Collect service. For Book and Collect, simply call the library during opening hours and speak to a member of staff who will set the book/s aside and arrange a suitable day and time for contactless collection.
Customers can also continue to access online training and activities, as well as immediate and free access to over 17,000 eBooks and audiobooks, 160 eMagazines and 3,000 eNewspapers in the usual manner.
- Grove Library will close at 6:30pm on Thursday 3 December and 10 December and will be closed on Saturday 28 November and 5 December. However, Grove Library will otherwise be open for Book and Collect, Book Box, access to computers, printing, scanning and photocopying. We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause.
- For essential maintenance Shankill Road Library will be closed on Tuesday 1 December and the Falls Road Library on Thursday 3 December.
- Portstewart Library is temporarily closed due to unforeseen circumstances. Please use either Portrush Library or Coleraine Library. Click here for further information.
- Comber and Portaferry libraries will be closed from Wednesday 14 October 2020 until after the new year to allow for essential maintenance works to be carried out in both branches. Alternative nearby libraries include Newtownards Library, Dundonald Library and Downpatrick Library. Click here for further information.
- Lurgan Library is temporarily closed due to ongoing refurbishment works. During this period, customers can access services in any public library including nearby Brownlow and Moira libraries.- The Irish and Local Studies Library, Armagh, is currently closed. Also, Libraries NI is consulting on a proposal to relocate the services provided at Irish and Local Studies, Armagh. Find out more.
Applicants please note the following important information about recruitment and selection throughout the COVID-19 pandemic:
Libraries NI Recruitment has recommenced to ensure the delivery of Library Services. Recruitment will be operating on a prioritised basis and we may need to manage some of our processes slightly differently than normal. All non-critical posts will be progressed as and when business continuity arrangements permit.
The introduction of any new/increased covid-19 restrictions may delay recruitment processes and you will receive an email notifying you of this. We will continue to monitor the situation carefully and take all necessary precautions in line with the latest government advice.
We hope that these FAQ’s answer many of the questions you may have about future recruitment opportunities, your current position in our recruitment process or your upcoming start date.
If you have not already done so, we recommend that you create a profile on the on-line recruitment system and register for job alerts so that you are notified as soon as jobs which meet your requirements are advertised
Our Recruitment team can be contacted at the following email address: HRRecruit@librariesni.org.uk
We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause. Thank you for your patience and understanding at this time
The Finance team at Libraries NI continue to work hard to pay you as quickly as possible as we all get used to “the new normal”.
Finance staff are working on a rota basis both at home and in the office, and we ask that where possible you email your invoices to Finance@librariesni.org.uk.
Suppliers who choose to be paid by cheque will experience delays as cheque signatories will not always be available. To minimise delays in payment, please email Finance@librariesni.org.uk to make arrangements for electronic payment.
If you require and qualify for relief under the provisions of Procurement Guidance Note PGN 01/20 “Supplier Relief Due to COVID-19”, please contact Susheel.Bhandari@librariesni.org.uk at the earliest opportunity.
If you have any queries relating to payment, please contact us at Finance@librariesni.org.uk.