Ulster University Civic Access Scheme
Libraries NI has a long standing partnership with Ulster University to improve access to each other’s resources dating back to the Inspire scheme. This has been renewed and developed in a new way recently; the Civic Access Scheme.
Through the Civic Access Scheme, Libraries NI’s customers will now have access to Ulster University Library’s thousands of volumes across four Campus Libraries. This is a brilliant service provision for those customers studying or learning across a wide range of subjects.
To access this service adult customers (18+) can join online to become an Ulster University Civic Access Member through the Ulster University website.
To find out more or join: https://www.ulster.ac.uk/library/services/borrowing-and-access-schemes/civic-access-borrower-scheme
Please note that there are a number of guidelines for use and they are as follows:
- current members (not virtual members) of Libraries NI aged 18 or over can apply to join the Ulster University Library as a civic access borrower.
- Civic Access borrowers may borrow up to two standard loan books from any of the libraries. They can also request books to be sent between any of our campus libraries
- applications for the civic access borrower scheme must be made via the online application form. https://www.ulster.ac.uk/library/services/borrowing-and-access-schemes/civic-access-borrower-scheme/application
- an Ulster University borrower card will be sent to your home address within five working days along with a guide to using the library for Civic Access borrowers.
- access to e-journals, databases and other online resources is not available to Civic Access borrowers
- operational information – the Belfast campus has an access control system in place and 24hr advance notice is required to enable visitor passes to be prepared. Staff at the Belfast library must be contacted at least one day ahead of a visit and they can request one for you. On arrival, present your library card to staff at the campus reception desk in the foyer and collect your visitor pass.
Please note that Civic Access Borrowers must agree and abide by the rules of Ulster University Libraries.